San Francisco City Hall Wedding Photographer
We are a San Francisco City Hall wedding photographer with over 200 weddings uniquely photographed at this amazing venue. We also specialize in documenting weddings celebrating the LBGT community and have photographed multiple same-sex weddings over the years. This website is dedicated to displaying the beauty and romance of having your wedding in this great city. I am a native San Franciscan and have lived here for over 20 years. I started my career as a wedding photographer right here in San Francisco. Whether you want to have your ceremony at City Hall or just travel around the city on your wedding day to capture some of it's beauty, I know where to take you and the best times of the day to visit each SF location. The Palace of Fine Arts, the Legion of Honor, Golden Gate Bridge, Baker's Beach and the Japanese Tea Gardens are just a few of the wonderful destinations available.
Affordable City Hall Wedding Photography
We offer affordable city hall photography packages that include full coverage of your San Francisco City Hall wedding and time to visit the SF landmarks of your choice. Planning an elopement? We can help with that too! We will serve as a witness and even drive you around on a tour of the City while we photograph you. We are also one of the leading Same-sex Wedding photographers at City Hall. We have photographed close to 100 LGBT, Gay / Lesbian wedding ceremonies. Check out our general Yelp page for recent reviews and our City Hall Yelp site for more specific information. We also have a new city hall website to check out. To see a video click Wedding Video . For more detailed information, scroll down to our top 5 reasons to plan your marriage in San Francisco.
San Francisco City Hall Custom Wedding Packages
Let us know if you want reception coverage or just the city hall ceremony and San Francisco landmarks. We can design the best package to fit your needs and budget. With Dubnoff Photography you always get at least one of our 2 primary San Francisco City Hall Wedding Photographers. Our team will provide you with the best romantic, candid and timeless images from start to finish. Check out our special week-day affordable city hall packages or our custom pre-wedding photography sessions. We are an equal opportunity service provider and have photographed marriages of all cultures, religions, same sex marriages / gay / lesbian. For more information click on the Official San Francisco City Hall Website.
Same-Sex Wedding Photography
When Same-Sex wedding became legal again on June 6, 2013 we were one of the first wedding photographers to start covering LGBT / Gay / Lesbian weddings at San Francisco City Hall. Since that time, we have had the pleasure to photograph close to 100 Same-Sex weddings and each one has been a memorable experience. In the early days, after the ruling, there was a huge rush of Gay / Lesbian weddings, many of which involved couples who had been together for over 30 years. One of our most memorable weddings involved a beautiful couple that had been together for 46 years! To view some of our more recent Same-sex weddings click on this Gay Weddings Link.
Northern California and Destination Wedding Photography
Dubnoff Wedding Photography also offers full coverage of your large weekend wedding event throughout the Northern California area. Whether you are getting married in Yosemite, Napa, Sonoma, Sacramento, the Redwoods or other locations in the SF Bay Area, we can cover your event with no travel charges and inexpensive pricing. Our full-day coverage approach guarantees you a wedding photographer for your entire day. No worries about us leaving early, we stay until you tell us it's OK to go. From the first dance until the cake cutting and bouquet toss, we cover it all! You will never need to alter your schedule to fit ours. Having a professional wedding photographer is one of the most important things you can do for yourself - call us today!
Top 5 Reasons to Book Your Wedding at San Francisco City Hall
1. Beautiful Architecture: As you can see from the
some of the photos above, the city hall architecture is amazing! Truly one of the most
beautiful wedding venues in California and top 10 in the country!
People from all over the world come here to get married in this famous San Francisco building.
Some of our clients ask us to focus on the architecture in their wedding
photos while others want more romance and close-ups. No matter what your preference, we make sure that you
receive plenty of images showing the beauty of this amazing building.
2. Affordable Pricing: It's actually possible to have your nuptials in this picturesque building for under $100! Yes, you can pay more if you want to reserve The Mayor's Balcony or the 4th Floor North Gallery, but even that only costs around $1,000. The vast majority of couples pay the very reasonable price of $100 and have their ceremony in the Rotunda. There is also a private room available for those who want a more quiet ceremony. You still have access to the rest of City Hall after the ceremony to take your pictures. For weekend weddings, the city hall building can be rented out for about $4,000. Your money provides you with total privacy since City Hall is closed on the weekends. Sometimes they limit where you can go in the building on the weekends so be sure to ask the Event Coordinator about possible restrictions.
3. San Francisco! Well known as one of the most beautiful cities in the United States, San Francisco offers you some amazing destinations to visit during your getaway weekend! Ghirardelli Square, Pier 39, North Beach, Fisherman's Wharf, and the Marina are loaded with some of the finest restaurants in California. There are so many places to see and things to do, it's a great place for your honeymoon. Try out South of Market for some dancing and fun bars. Explore around, keeping away from the more touristy spots to find some of the most amazing places to eat. We especially love the North Beach area with it's authentic Italian Restaurants.
4. San Francisco Historical Landmarks: As wedding photographers, this is one of the best things for us! We can take you to gorgeous locations throughout the city for you to visit and have your photos taken. As a native San Franciscan, I am happy to give you a guided tour as we take care of your photography. We will supply comfortable transportation at no extra charge. We can visit The Legion of Honor, The Palace of Fine Arts, Pier 7, Fort Point, The Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower, Fisherman's Wharf, Twin Peaks, or the Japanese Tea Gardens. Some of our clients like to just walk the streets and have us photograph them as they explore all that the city has to offer. The list of photographic locations goes on and on! We are happy to suggest some of our favorite spots if you are from out of town and not sure where to go.
5. All In One Place! This could be the most important reason of all. You don't need to go anywhere else! Your wedding, your reception, your honeymoon, and your vacation all in San Francisco! Think of the money you will save. You can even book some of the best wedding photographers in the SF Bay Area to shoot your wedding for under $1,000! Many of these photography companies charge over $4,000 for weekend weddings, but you can book them for a discounted price on a weekday. The typical wedding can run in the tens of thousands of dollars. Take into consideration the venue, food, photographers, videographers, DJ, Honeymoon, etc. and you can wind up spending all of your savings. Plan your wedding at City Hall and you can do all of this for 1/10th of the price. It really is a bargain!
San Francisco Photography Tour Package
One of our most popular City Hall packages is our San Francisco Photo Tour. This 4 hour package takes you to 3 additional locations after we photograph your ceremony and take photos at City Hall. We also provide you with comfortable transportation if you want at no additional charge. We will drive you to each of our selected spots and then give you some time to look around while we get our equipment ready. Then we make sure to get some amazing photographs of you and your spouse. To see some sample photos from this package, check out this YouTube Video . Also check out the photo below to see a perfect ending to our City Hall tour - an Irish coffee at the famous Buena Vista Cafe You can also view our main website for detailed information about our affordable San Francisco City Hall Packages. We offer options for the budget minded and for those who want it all! Our most common packages start with 1 hour of coverage for Elopements and smaller weddings, but we can also provide coverage for 1.5 or 2.5 hours for those clients who want more. If you are unsure of the best choice for you, please send us an email and we will help you select the most appropriate option to fit your wedding.
Many of our wedding couples request Reception/Event coverage. We can customize any one of our main packages to include coverage of your celebration after the ceremony. You can book our "San Francisco" package and simply replace the additional locations with the reception coverage. If you want both the locations and the reception coverage we can easily create a custom package to fit your needs. Just let us know the total hours of wedding coverage you need and will send you a quote. Whether you are celebrating at a local restaurant, cafe or major venue we have the experience to handle it with exceptional quality. For larger venues, we will even bring room lights and lighting equipment to give your final wedding pictures that perfect look. Our experience with large marriages at major venues gives you the confidence that we can handle even the most difficult reception locations. If you are interested in exploring this option, please contact us and we will provide you with a custom quote based upon the length of time needed.
Approved San Francisco City Hall Vendor
We are one of a select few San Francisco city hall wedding photography companies that have obtained official approval to photograph reserved events and nuptials at this amazing venue. We meet all of the insurance requirements and after 250 city hall weddings we have earned the right to be called a "City Hall Featured Vendor". We have also been recognized as a leading LGBT / Gay wedding photographer with close to 100 weddings over the past few years. In addition to this honor, the recent full color brochure put out by the City Hall Events department featured our photos in the wedding section!
Important Tips for the Best Wedding Experience Possible
Allow plenty of time to arrive, park and check-in for your wedding at City Hall. There are many things that can go wrong when trying to reach City Hall. Traffic, Special Events and closed parking lots are just a few of the things that can cause you to miss your wedding. We recommend allowing at least 45 minutes of cushion time. One idea is to have that cup of coffee or snack at the City Hall Cafe rather than somewhere else. At least you will be in the building!
The San Francisco City Hall reservation website suggests that you book your license appointment at least 30 minutes before your ceremony. We have seen this practice backfire. We suggest at least 1 hour and to REALLY be safe, get your license the day before your ceremony. This allows you time to fix any issues that may come up when you attempt to get your license. If problems crop up 30 minutes before your ceremony, you won't be getting married that day!
Be sure to bring CURRENT ID's for your wedding ceremony. It's also smart to bring some sort of a file folder or other document holder to keep all the important papers in. One of the most common problems we run into with city hall weddings is couples with expired licenses or passports. The Clerk's office at City Hall will not let you get married without current Identification, even if they know who you are!
The average city hall wedding ceremony occurs about 25 minutes past the scheduled time. It's a good idea to bring snacks, water and other nourishment to hold you over. Try to sit down and relax while waiting outside of the County Clerk's office for your ceremony check-in. You will be on your feet plenty after the wedding.
There are a number of things to bring with you that will come in handy for a wedding. Safety pins, sewing kits and tape are all good things to have on the day of your city hall wedding. We also suggest that brides carry walking shoes for after the ceremony. We will be taking you around the building for photos and we will provide you with plenty of time to change back in to your heels!
Once the ceremony is complete, we take the couple on a photo tour of San Francisco City Hall. If you have guests and family with you, we will photograph them right after the ceremony and then they are free to leave or wait in the cafe. We don't recommend taking the whole group throughout the building because it will affect the quality of your photos and disrupt others. We also have noticed that our clients are more comfortable posing for photos without everyone watching!
We are also available to shoot your event in the Wine Country, Yosemite, Sacramento and other locations in California. Indian Weddings are also a specialty of ours! We are happy to provide you with a custom quote for your destination wedding anywhere in the USA or the World. Looking for a wedding photographer in Seattle? Beautiful Day Photography. Check out our Partner Site for City Hall Photography.